[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] CentOS Project joins forces with Red Hat

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Jan 8 21:52:24 UTC 2014

On 01/08/2014 04:37 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>>> 1++ (and boy, do I *hate* bleeding edge)
>> Some years back I REALLY tried living with Centos on my notebook.  I now
>> put up with the Fedora eol joys.  Just jumped from 17 to 20. You just
>> got to love, ahem, what the Gnome team is doing....
> No. (And if you *had* to do fedora, why not 19?)

Because it will be eol before you blink.  So even if f20 is brand new,
you at least live with it for a while before the next update. Plus i got
to find a bug with NVRAM update with my Lenovo x120e which is now an RFE
for f21.  If I had been on f19, might not have caught this, or had a
bigger struggle to get them to realize that the NVRAM update should be
the LAST step of the installation, not so early, so if it fails you
still have a bootable install.  I got some good help to get things working.

> A thought: have you considered trying to install dual boot with the
> current CentOS? I've been considering redoing my netbook, with the thought
> of getting rid of the Ubuntu netbook remix....

Well since I am now running on an SSD drive, I have my old HD to test
with.  Maybe.  Or maybe I will wait until Centos 7 comes out. ;)