[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] CentOS Project joins forces with Red Hat

IonPacepa IonPacepa at gmx.com
Fri Jan 17 16:15:17 UTC 2014

"Essentially Red Hat is slowly taking over and developing/assisting
Centos to be a more regular and structure organisation. The fact that
Red Hat now owns the Centos brand worries me but that's life. Absolutely
nothing remains static."

Interesting how a _community_ "Brand" can be bought.

Seems that we get magical binaries for free but no insight into the build
process or timelines to said creation.

Surely this was done to keep OEL at bay, but we are still caught in the
crossfire and the holders of the build secrets are getting $paid$ to keep
the secret.

This is opensource without useful makefiles. Something Sony and Cisco do.