[CentOS] mail tools preferences?

Rob Kampen rkampen at kampensonline.com
Sat Jan 18 04:10:34 UTC 2014

On 01/18/2014 11:29 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 4:13 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>> We don't have enough arguments here.... <g>
>>
>> I see that thunderbird's deprecated for RHEL 7, and they recommend
>> evolution. I've certainly had some annoyances in the last couple-three
>> years with t-bird. So, what are people's preferred mail tools, other than
>> t-bird (or maybe mutt or pine.... <g>)?
> Gmail's web interface is very low-maintenance...
Have to take exception to this comment - the interface changes at the
whim of google and I have to relearn - recently the changes have come
with increasing frequency and major impact on how they operate - a quick
search shows many folk are unhappy with the direction they are headed.
>   And if you tweak the
> options to advance when you delete or archive, surprisingly easy to
> use.
My daughter is just wrapping up her doctoral thesis and the university
she attends uses gmail for their mail system. The changes over the last
12 months have caused her to miss incoming mail as gmail associates
incoming mail with other threads, and struggle to manage her account -
she is above average intelligence...so go figure, google knows best and
they are now so big, you like it, or lump it, or go elsewhere....