[CentOS] mail tools preferences?

Always Learning centos at u62.u22.net
Sat Jan 18 12:36:10 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-01-18 at 17:10 +1300, Rob Kampen wrote:

> My daughter is just wrapping up her doctoral thesis and the university
> she attends uses gmail for their mail system. The changes over the last
> 12 months have caused her to miss incoming mail as gmail associates
> incoming mail with other threads, and struggle to manage her account -
> she is above average intelligence...so go figure, google knows best and
> they are now so big, you like it, or lump it, or go elsewhere....

The danger to the Internet is Google's unstoppable dominance and lack of
alternative competition. British Airways uses Google for emails.

Why not rent a cheap VPS, install Centos (of course) and run a mail
system for your daughter to use?  Its bound to be better than Google.
Your daughter's university emails can be automatically forwarded from
Google to your Centos VPS.

--
Paul.
England,

   Our systems are exclusively Linux. No Micro$oft Windoze here.