[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] CentOS Project joins forces with Red Hat

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Sat Jan 18 23:16:17 UTC 2014

On 01/18/2014 04:28 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 12:15 PM, Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu> wrote:
>> There is no secret sauce to the buildsystem. It's not like we're
>> converting TRS-80 Model II TRSDOS files to LS-DOS or anything here,
>> where things aren't well-documented or completely undocumented.
> Hey, I could have done that with my eyes closed and in z80 code.  But
> those were simpler times.
[TRS-80 in-joke and pointer to OS source code with Les's name in the
comments taken off-list...... suffice to say that Les actually has done
(or worked on the code, at least for) my referenced conversion in Z80
assembler for one of the TRS-80 operating systems]

> I hope someone manages an ARM build eventually. It would be fun to
> play with cheap hardware and reliable code.

Is the F19 ARM build workable?  (I know there are graphics module
issues).  I might have to try that myself on my GuruPlug or one of our
Pi's.  If F19 on ARM is stable enough, once the build chain is proven
for x86_64 it shouldn't be too difficult for you or someone else to
build from the source, taking F19 as the base for the buildsystem and
initial buildroots.  I would expect the build would take a long time,
though.