[CentOS] glusterfs-server package: what happened to it?

Frank Cox theatre at melvilletheatre.com
Mon Jan 20 20:39:49 UTC 2014

On Mon, 20 Jan 2014 12:32:52 -0800
Florin Andrei wrote:

> Unless I'm wrong, it appears that this package is not in the repo for
> CentOS 6. Does anyone know what happened to it?

$ cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 6.5 (Final)

$ yum search gluster
glusterfs.x86_64 : Cluster File System
glusterfs-debuginfo.x86_64 : Debug information for package glusterfs
glusterfs-libs.x86_64 : GlusterFS common libraries
glusterfs-rdma.x86_64 : GlusterFS rdma support for ib-verbs
glusterfs-api.x86_64 : Clustered file-system api library
glusterfs-api-devel.x86_64 : Development Libraries
glusterfs-devel.x86_64 : Development Libraries
glusterfs-fuse.x86_64 : Fuse client

$ yum info glusterfs
Name        : glusterfs
Arch        : x86_64
Version     : 3.4.0.36rhs
Release     : 1.el6
Size        : 1.8 M
Repo        : base
Summary     : Cluster File System
URL         : http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/GlusterFS
License     : GPLv2 or LGPLv3+
Description : GlusterFS is a clustered file-system capable of scaling to several
            : petabytes. It aggregates various storage bricks over Infiniband
            : RDMA or TCP/IP interconnect into one large parallel network file
            : system. GlusterFS is one of the most sophisticated file systems in
            : terms of features and extensibility.  It borrows a powerful
            : concept called Translators from GNU Hurd kernel. Much of the code
            : in GlusterFS is in user space and easily manageable.
            :
            : This package includes the glusterfs binary, the glusterfsd daemon
            : and the gluster command line, libglusterfs and glusterfs
            : translator modules common to both GlusterFS server and client
            : framework.