[CentOS] Using ATI Radeon X1300 Video Card with Centos 6.5

agents at meddatainc.com
Mon Jan 27 21:07:57 UTC 2014

I have a ATI Radeon X1300 video card installed in a ThinkPad Advanced
Docking Station where the laptop runs Centos 6.5.

Upon Googling it seems that Centos 6.4 broke compatibility with the
kmod-fglrx-legacy driver and that the only way around it is to downgrade
X to an older version. However, the last note seems to be from before
summer and I was hoping that there might have been some additional work
done and it could now be used with Centos 6.5. I am not too keen on
downgrading stuff since I am a relative newcomer to Linux...

Does anyone have any information?

Thanks.