[CentOS] Antwort: Re: Switch from Red Hat 7 Beta to CentOS

Andreas Reschke Andreas.Reschke at mahle.com
Tue Jan 28 15:31:47 UTC 2014

centos-bounces at centos.org schrieb am 28.01.2014 16:03:18:

> Von: Darr247 <darr247 at gmail.com>
> Datum: 28.01.2014 16:03
> Betreff: Re: [CentOS] Switch from Red Hat 7 Beta to CentOS
> Gesendet von: centos-bounces at centos.org
>
> On 28 January 2014 @12:30 zulu, Andreas Reschke wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > It is possible to switch from Red Hat 7 Beta to CentOS 7 (beta or
final)
> > when it exist? I would like to test newer software than CentOS 6.5
> >

> Have you tried fedora?
> CentOS 6.5 is about equivalent to fedora 14.
> If I recall correctly, fedora switched to GNOME 3 at v15.
> I believe it's up to v20 now.
> That would be about like CentOS 7.5 alpha. In my opinion.
> http://get.fedoraproject.org should redirect to their download page.

Hello Darr247,

I know Fedora very well (I'm a Red Hat User since the early years of Red
Hat.)

My question is, can I switch afterwards the test from Red Hat 7 Beta to
CentOS without reinstall the system?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Andreas Reschke
MAHLE Behr GmbH & Co. KG
Unix/Linux-Administration (FIG51)

Mauserstr. 3, 70469 Stuttgart, Germany
Phone: +49 711 501-47598, Fax: +49 711 501-44 47598
Mobile: 0173-3197397
andreas.reschke at mahle.com, http://www.mahle.com

MAHLE Behr GmbH & Co. KG, Location: Stuttgart, Registered: Amtsgericht
Stuttgart HRA 2257
Represented by the personally liable shareholder MAHLE Behr Verwaltung
GmbH (Amtsgericht Stuttgart - HRB 3333), and thus represented by the
Management Board: Dr. Jörg Stratmann (Chairman), Colin Carter, Arnd Franz,
Michael Frick
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinz K. Junker
(Chairman)

Please note my new email address and phone number.