[CentOS] Recent version of Latex

Nicolas Thierry-Mieg Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr
Tue Jan 28 18:00:10 UTC 2014

On 01/28/2014 10:11 AM, Patrick Begou wrote:
> I've moved most of my user's PCs from OpenSuse (11.x, unmaintainend now) to
> CentOS 6.4. On my old OpenSuse latex was "texlive-latex-2010" and current
> version on CTAN is texlive-2013.
>
> But on CentOS 6.4 I've only the old texlive-latex-2007 and several sty files
> available on my previous config are not available now and users cannot compile
> their previous documents.
>
> Is there a Yum repo from where I can install a more uptodate latex environment
> for CentOS6.4 ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Patrick

I've used texlive-2011 from this repo, works well for me:
http://jnovy.fedorapeople.org/texlive/2011/packages.el6/

It does replace some rpms from base though, so I have exclude=texlive*
for centos base and updates repos.

the el6 release file is here:
http://jnovy.fedorapeople.org/texlive/2011/packages.el6/texlive-release-2011-5.20120115_r25109.el6.noarch.rpm