[CentOS] OT hardware question

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Fri Jan 31 15:52:43 UTC 2014

With the continuing annoyance from motion, my manager's asked me to go
looking again for a video surveillance appliance: basically, a
motion-detecting DVR and cameras. The big thing, of course, is a) price
(this is a US federal gov't agency, and being civilian, money is *tight*,
don't give me the libertarian/GOP line about how freely we spend,
thankyouverymuch), b) it has to be on the network, and c) we need to be
able to d/l to a server, and rm after we do that... and we want to script
or cron job that.

Right now, I'm looking into Zmodo, R-Tech and CIB security. Anyone have a)
opinions on the quality of the hardware from any of those manufacturers
(yeah, I know, they're just branded hardware), and/or whether we can do
the ssh or telnet in to do what we need?

*Extremely* frustrating, since they're all running embedded Linux, that so
many say IE and Active X....

          mark