[CentOS] CentOS 6.5 VirtualBox

Mon Jan 20 13:16:35 UTC 2014
Endre Bjørsvik <endrebjorsvik at gmail.com>

I also got the same segfault after upgrading to CentOS 6.5. The
VirtualBox gui segfaults before it appears, and I can not start the VMs
from the terminal either. Upgrading or downgrading to various VirtualBox
or kernel versions did not work either.

A workaround for me was to start the VMs using the terminal with only a
simple GUI (sdl), not full GUI. The command is described in the
documentation.
https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch08.html#vboxmanage-startvm
     VBoxManage startvm "machine-name" --type sdl

You lose the VB-menus, but all hotkeys still works. This workaround was
tested with CentOS 6.5, kernel 2.6.32-431.3.1.el6.x86_64 and VirtualBox
4.2.22 from virtualbox.org-repo.