[CentOS] Centos-compatible motherboards

Thu Jan 2 00:46:54 UTC 2014
Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer at ngtech.co.il>

The BIOS is what the hardware is based upon and the testing of a
Mother-Board should be started at the BIOS level.

The Basic Input Output for today hardware is basically based on USB even
for many servers.

There are cases which you see a system that CentOS6 was not designed to
work with.
Not just that but in the level that the engineers designed this MB or
it's chips to work with a specific OS or with a specific set of tools.
There are other Operation Systems around the work which are not MS or
Linux or FreeBSD or Unix.

There are custom OS's that do allow other operations and other levels
then these.

No I do not see them every day but the reason that the Manufacturer is
maintaining the Compatibility lists is to let the Desktop or Server
Distributer the Benefit of understanding that this piece of software was
designed to work with this specific cases.

In the case that there is a mismatch between the list and reality the
human mind comes in handy.

I do really like to buy in stores I know the owner or at-least have good
name.

The main issue is that one is expecting a set of results while the
others do not.

When a 200Mhz server was running fine with a Linux kernel it ran fine..

Some people just don't understand what 2.2 Ghz is and what level of
complexity we are talking about.

(Another squid was compiled safely)

How do we test ECC memory?

Eliezer