[CentOS] Elliptic curve on Centos 6.x

Sat Jan 4 11:45:41 UTC 2014
Timothy Murphy <gayleard at alice.it>

John R Pierce wrote:

> the seed of a algorithm like /dev/urandom is not a single variable, its
> a big array of variables.   these have to be created with sufficiently
> random external events to achieve a reasonable level of entropy, and if
> you continue to generate pseudo-random-numbers from this when those
> random external events aren't ongoing at a high enough rate relative to
> your requirements for new random numbers, eventually the 'entropy' runs
> out, and the sequence becomes increasingly predictable.

According to Wikipedia
"A random seed (or seed state, or just seed) is a number (or vector) used to
initialize a pseudorandom number generator."

It is impossible to measure the entropy of a single number, or vector.
If you think it is, tell me how you measure it.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net