[CentOS] I want to ask about some Kernel level operations.

Sun Jan 5 15:08:24 UTC 2014
Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer at ngtech.co.il>

Hey Markus,

On 04/01/14 18:37, Markus Falb wrote:
> An example:
>
> imagine a Makefile with a clean target
>
> $BUILDDIR=something
> clean:
>     rm -rf $BUILDDIR/*
>
> a bug in the configure script could lead to an empty $BUILDDIR in the Makefile.
> What do you think happens when you type
>
> # make clean
A script runs and do all sort of things on the way..
for example:
makefile
##start
install:
	echo "Listing the dev directory with couple nice things in it"
	ls -lh /dev/

clean:
	echo "I would like to remove the dev directory but it seems pointless
to me"
	rm -rI /dev/*
##end

Will help me understand the meaning of this file.
what can we do in order to prevent such actions?
Would selinux would help in this specific case?
usually I remember that chroot should help to prevent an issue with it.

Thanks,
Eliezer