[CentOS] krb5-1.10.3-10.el6_4.6.src.rpm

Tue Jan 14 17:42:24 UTC 2014
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 01/13/2014 11:03 PM, Mahmoud wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I download krb5-1.10.3-10.el6_4.6.src.rpm<http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Server/en/os/SRPMS/krb5-1.10.3-10.el6_4.6.src.rpm>from
> http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Server/en/os/SRPMS/.
>
> In Cenos 6.5, I use following instructions:
>
> rpm -i krb5-1.10.3-10.el6_4.6.src.rpm
> rpmbuild -ba /home/mockbuild/rpmbuild/SPECS/krb5.spec
>
> The RPMs that has been built are el6.6. I need el6_4.6 RPMs.
>
> Could you help me please?

The %dist variable needs to be set to .el6_4 instead of .el6

You can do that different ways, depending on how you are building the
package.  If you are using mock, you need to set the dist variable in
the specific config file for the root you are using.  If you are
building it in your home directory, you can do it with:

rpmbuild --define 'dist .el6_4' -ba /home/mockbuild/rpmbuild/SPECS/krb5.spec

The real question is ... why recompile anything when we already have
them here:

http://vault.centos.org/6.4/updates/x86_64/Packages/