[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] CentOS Project joins forces with Red Hat

Fri Jan 17 16:54:42 UTC 2014

IonPacepa wrote:
> "Every one of "you", unhappy ones, could have created your own rebuild, "
>
> A lot of Redhat rebuild projects gave up their very existence to support a
> single CentOS.
>
> Not giving up the secret sauce is about control and power in the hand of a
> few that have now financially benefited and retain a dictatorship on
> roadmaps, release information and code.
>
> Community here is a consumer of a built OS, but there is no community in
> how it gets built. And with this centralized power comes the takeover and
> payouts.
<snip>

Most projects have specially authorized people. This is a Good Thing...
unless you really enjoy having a distro larded with malware and bugs that
crackers, crooks, other organizations and governments have deliberately,
or when IMSOHOT updates code with bugs galore.

I'd prefer not to have any of that (or I'd be on, say, another distro that
shall remain nameless but is also a style of hat....

       mark