[CentOS] mail tools preferences?

Fri Jan 17 22:21:53 UTC 2014
Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com>

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 05:13:05PM -0500, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> We don't have enough arguments here.... <g>
>
> I see that thunderbird's deprecated for RHEL 7, and they recommend
> evolution. I've certainly had some annoyances in the last couple-three
> years with t-bird. So, what are people's preferred mail tools, other than
> t-bird (or maybe mutt or pine.... <g>)?

sylpheed will do most things--or claws-mail, which, IIRC, is a fork of
sylpheed.

I suspect that even if they discontinue it completely there will always be
3rd party rpms for it.

As for me, at home I use mutt, at work, on a FreeBSD box, I use mutt and
thunderbird, because it's so easy to make filters with it.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6