[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] CentOS Project joins forces with Red Hat

Sun Jan 19 03:10:28 UTC 2014

On 01/18/2014 04:28 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 12:15 PM, Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Anyway, the current work with seven.centos.org is a really good start.
> I hope someone manages an ARM build eventually.  It would be fun to
> play with cheap hardware and reliable code.

My understanding is that RHEL/Centos 7 is based on Fedora 19. F19 has
been ported to arm, but each arm is different and needs personal
attention. So PERHAPS a couple arm boards will be worked on. I will
probably be in a position to do this in the spring. I am looking at a
cubie2 or truck to build a pbx. Regardless if it is Centos 7 or Fedora
20, someone will have to build the FreePBX modules for arm. But if
Centos 7 is running on arm, it MIGHT be easier and more stable over the
long run.