[CentOS] Problem installing Centos 6.4/6.5 from USB stick seen as HDD by BIOS

Wed Jan 22 08:25:38 UTC 2014
Emmanuel Noobadmin <centos.admin at gmail.com>

I'm trying to install C6.5 on a USB stick (created using Fedora
LiveUSB Creator).

The problem is the machine using an Intel ITX board sets the USB stick
as a HDD instead of a CDROM. During install, the DVD couldn't find the
installer automatically and I must choose the HDD option for it to
proceed to network/timezone/storage setup.

After the storage partitioning, it will throw an error that it is
unable to read package metadata. Although there is an option to edit
the repo information, there isn't an option to specify a hard disk.

Switching to console, attempts to mount /dev/sdb as /dev/cdrom or
/mnt/sr0 met with failure because the USB drive is in use.

Previously I used 6.4 and downloaded 6.5 thinking it might just be an
issue with 6.4 but both failed at the same point. There doesn't appear
to be anybody else who encounter the same problem on a quick google.

Is this considered a bug with anaconda or is there some kind of
workaround such as forcing the system to mount /dev/sdb as cdrom
despite already being mounted/busy?