[CentOS] ata marvel errors after kernel upgrade

Fri Jan 24 09:56:39 UTC 2014
Steve Brooks <steveb at mcs.st-and.ac.uk>

On Fri, 24 Jan 2014, John R Pierce wrote:

> On 1/24/2014 12:54 AM, Steve Brooks wrote:
>> [root at mach~]# sginfo /dev/scanner
>> INQUIRY response (cmd: 0x12)
>> ----------------------------
>> Device Type                        3
>> Vendor:                    Marvell
>> Product:                   91xx Config
>> Revision level:            1.01
>
> fwiw, scsi device type '3' is a 'processor', which I'm guessing is a
> backplane controller ?   not sure why it has a dev node

Hmm not sure, so far it does not seem to be causing any issues but on the
other hand I would feel better if I knew for sure exactly why it was
there.

This machine does have an adaptec hardware raid card which presents as
"/dev/sda". The "OS" is on "/dev/sdb" which is connected to an INTEL
  C600/X79 SATA chipset via an Icy Dock HD enclosure.

Steve