[CentOS] Repodata filename problem in CentOS-6.5-x86_64-bin-DVD1.iso ?

Sun Jan 26 11:04:18 UTC 2014
Emmanuel Noobadmin <centos.admin at gmail.com>

On 1/25/14, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
> dd if=CentOS-6.5-x86_64-bin-DVD1.iso of=/dev/sdc
>
> Then boot from the usb key.
>
> Obviously there is some issue the extraction process on the filesystem /
> os you are using and the loop mount and / or the livecd creator you are
> using ... as our ISOs do install and the files are named properly on
> them to get them to install.

Thanks for pointing out that possibility. The Fedora LiveUSB creator
previously worked for a C6.5 LiveCD to HDD install so it never
occurred to me that the problem was in that direction. Using the dd
method on another CentOS machine with the same ISO worked so it looks
like some kind of limitation on Win7 instead.