[CentOS] CentOS 6.5: NFS server crashes with list_add corruption errors

Thu Jan 30 12:49:01 UTC 2014
Alessio Cecchi <alessio at skye.it>

Il 30/01/2014 13:32, Daniel Bird ha scritto:
> On 30/01/2014 11:24, Alessio Cecchi wrote:
>> he error is exactly like this:
>>
>> https://access.redhat.com/site/solutions/166583
>> |

>> Does anyone know if the problem is solved and how?
>> Thanks
> That page lists the workaround if you log in, but no "resolution" as
> yet. Although there are internal Bugzilla ID's for both 5 and 6
>
> echo 0 >/proc/sys/fs/leases-enable

Thanks, I have found more information about this:

"To work around this issue, use NFSv3 instead of NFSv4. Alternatively,
turn off support for leases by writing 0 to /proc/sys/fs/leases-enable
(ideally on boot, before the nfs server is started). This change
prevents NFSv4 delegations from being given out, restore correctness at
the expense of some performance."

from
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/5.6_Technical_Notes/Known_Issues-kernel.html

I will evaluate if use NFS3 only or apply the trick.

Ciao
--
Alessio Cecchi is:
@ ILS -> http://www.linux.it/~alessice/