[CentOS] samba vs LDAP - can I see LDAP logs, please?

Fri Jan 31 06:44:38 UTC 2014
Dirk Olmes <dirk.olmes at exentra.de>

On 01/30/2014 08:12 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> On 01/30/2014 05:36 PM, Dirk Olmes wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm setting up Samba to authenticate against an LDAP Server. I have the
>> basic setup running but authentication fails. I'm 95% sure that the LDAP
>> config is still wrong but the guy I'm setting this up for doesn't really
>> come up with the proper info.
>>
>> I have set log level = 5 and get tons of irrelevant info. What I'd like
>> to see is the LDAP queries that the samba server issues. But I have no
>> idea which magic switch will make this happen.
>>
>> My google-fu seems to be bad today, too as I cannot find any relevant
>> info either.
>>

> It should be in /var/log/messages, look for slapd:
>
> https://sites.google.com/site/guenterbartsch/blog/tamingslapdoncentosrhel6

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, the LDAP server does not run on the
same machine - hence no slapd debugging as described in the blog post :-(

Since samba issues LDAP queries itself I was hoping to make samba itself
log those queries ...

-dirk