[CentOS] exiting tmux sessions

James B. Byrne

byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Wed Jul 2 21:20:10 UTC 2014

I am experimenting with tmux.  I have run into a behaviour that I would like
to change.  Idf I connect to a single host multiple times via tmux, when I
exit one tmux window then all the windows report their session closed.  Is
there anyway of changing this behaviour in .tmux.conf so that only the session
exited closes or, as might be the underlying problem, any way of ensuring that
a second tmux connection opens its own session that remains independent of the
first?

Canada  L8E 3C3