[CentOS] Miredo server for Centos 6

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Jul 3 17:07:42 UTC 2014

On 07/03/2014 12:34 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
>> On delving deeper into Miredo support, it seems that Miredo Server is a
>> separate program from the Miredo client/relay.  And that there is no
>> Miredo Server available for Centos 6.  Not in EPEL 6, or repoforge.
>>
>> So far the maintainer of Miredo for Fedora/EPEL has not reponded to a
>> query on its status for EPEL 6.  I have to ask on repoforge about
>> miredo-server.
>>
>> Anyone know of anywhere else to look?  I suppose I can bring up a Fedora
>> 20 box, as this is 'just' a testbed.  But to move the testbed out of my
>> network into the corp testbed, I need it for Centos.
>>
> Have you tried the simple-minded approach of downloading the fedora
> src rpm and doing an 'rpmbuild --rebuild' of it?  Sometimes all it
> take to make that work is installing whatever dependencies are
> missing, sometimes that turns out to be difficult or impossible,
> depending on required versions and conflicts.   You might have a
> better chance of making this work after Centos 7 is out, though.

For various reasons I lean toward installing software over doing my own
builds.  No one else is going to do the write ups I need for
management.  I have been asked to setup a testbed to show how this works
now, and I have not seen that Miredo is any more available for Centos
7.  Also the datacenter where my testbed would be moved to will be on
Centos 6 for some time.

But you might have more knowledge Miredo for Centos 7 than I do...