[CentOS] corruption of in-memory data detected (xfs)

Markus Falb wnefal at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 18:25:40 UTC 2014

On 07.Jul.2014, at 06:51, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

> On 7/6/2014 9:09 PM, Alexandru Cardaniuc wrote:
>> Yes, I run XFS on ~1T (900G) partition, so I don't think I need to
>> consider inode64 for that. What is the official situation with XFS and
>> CentOS 5? It was in technology preview in CentOS 5.4 I think? How about
>> now?
>
> 5 is very close to EOL now.

End of Production 3 (End of Production Phase) is on March 31 2017 [1]
That's not that very close in my opinion.

And regarding xfs from the Release Notes of 5.7 [2]
"Usage of XFS in conjunction with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.7 High Availability Add-On/Clustering as a file system resource is now fully supported."
Whatever that means.

[1] https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/errata
[2] https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/5.7_Release_Notes/filesystemstorage-management.html

--