[CentOS] Cemtos 7 : Systemd alternatives ?

Always Learning centos at u62.u22.net
Tue Jul 8 01:41:06 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-07-07 at 21:34 -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:

> No systemd in FreeBSD.  It isn't Linux, and like any O/S, has its own
> oddities.
>
> It would take more adjustment, IMHO, to go from CentOS 6.x to FreeBSD than
> to go to 7.x.  (I'm saying this as someone who uses both FreeBSD and
> Fedora which has given a hint of what we'll see in CentOS 7.)

Thanks. I've deployed C 5.10 and C 6.5. Thought I'll play with C 7.

I notice, from http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS7, the
apparent replacement of IPtables by firewalld

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FirewallD

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.

   Centos, Exim, Apache, Libre Office.
   Linux is the future. Micro$oft is the past.