[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] Release for CentOS-7 on x86_64

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Tue Jul 8 13:11:53 UTC 2014

On 07/07/2014 05:04 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Wasn't there an upstart somewhere?
:-)

Why, of course, as in:
[lowen at dhcp-pool107 ~]$ rpm -qa|grep ^upstart
upstart-0.6.5-13.el6_5.3.x86_64
[lowen at dhcp-pool107 ~]$

This box is CentOS 6.  Upstart was around for a few Fedora releases up
through F14; I don't recall when it was introduced, but wikipedia tells
me it was F9.

> I think I'll write an alias for chkconfig to systemctl. *bleah* As far as
> I'm concerned, it was a solution to something that wasn't a problem, just
> like this urge to make config files xml.
It was a problem for some, even if not for you or for me.