[CentOS] Cemtos 7 : Systemd alternatives ?

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Tue Jul 8 19:49:00 UTC 2014

On 07/07/2014 06:47 PM, Always Learning wrote:
> Reading about systemd, it seems it is not well liked and reminiscent of
> Microsoft's "put everything into the Windows Registry" (Win 95 onwards).
>
> Is there a practical alternative to omnipresent, or invasive, systemd ?

I hate to say it ... but all the Blovaiting we might want to do or not
do in support of or in opposition to systemd does not matter with
respect to CentOS 7.

RHEL 7 has it, so CentOS 7 has it.  Use CentOS 7 or don't ... your
choice.  If you want to replace systemd and you can figure out how .. do
it.

If it works and you want to get into a SIG, great then start one.

If you want do discuss the mechanisms for removing systemd and
collaborate about doing it via patches and changes to some package(s) in
CentOS 7 .. great.  Fork the packages from git.centos.org and go to
github, start coding with your friends .. you can use the centos-devel
mailing list to discuss the changes.

But failing that, lets try to close down the thread a bit unless there
is really something constructive to add.