[CentOS] journalctl and log server

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu Jul 10 22:26:06 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 05:33:32PM -0400, Mauricio Tavares wrote:
>       I have a rsyslog-based log server and would like to know how I
> can configure journalctl to send its logs to said log server.

You don't. You install rsyslog on your "client" server and set it up to
forward as normal.

In the basic state, this just looks exactly like the traditional way. (In
fact, you can even turn off persistent journald if you like.) Or, you can
use 'imjournal' for more sophisticated integration if you like -- see
<http://www.rsyslog.com/doc/imjournal.html>.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>