[CentOS] Centos 7 NetInstall: Pane is dead

Nordgren, Bryce L -FS

bnordgren at fs.fed.us
Sun Jul 13 17:31:42 UTC 2014

Hi list,

I downloaded the netinstall iso, burned it to disk, and tried to install on my old Dell PowerEdge 2900 (Intel Xeon / 8Gb ram). Machine is connected to a KVM. The Centos 6 netinstall iso worked flawlessly on this exact configuration two days ago.

The first thing anaconda does after verifying the media is complain that "pane is dead" in the lower left corner. At this point, there does not seem to be much I can do (system ignores keypresses). Is there a way to get more details about what went wrong?

Thanks much,
Bryce