[CentOS] centos plus kernel - moving it in and back out again

Elias Persson delreich at takeit.se
Mon Jul 14 10:15:42 UTC 2014

On 2014-07-12 09:26, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 17:19:22 -0600
> Frank Cox wrote:
>
>> My main computer has a Logitech wireless mouse that's likely affected by the
>> bug, though I haven't tried it yet to verify that.
>
> My Logitech wireless mouse model M510 is NOT affected by this bug.  I just plugged it into my laptop that I have Centos 7 installed on, and it works perfectly.

M510 is as affected as anything else with the tiny unified receiver.
It's a race condition though, so sometimes it works, sometimes it
doesn't. It's more likely to happen on boot, I think.
 From what I can recall of the Fedora days with the relevant kernels,
un- and re-plugging the receiver or un- and re-loading the module would
typically get things working again, though it could take a few attempts.