[CentOS] Cemtos 7 : Systemd alternatives ?

Keith Keller kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
Mon Jul 14 22:52:10 UTC 2014

On 2014-07-07, Always Learning <centos at u62.u22.net> wrote:
> Reading about systemd, it seems it is not well liked and reminiscent of
> Microsoft's "put everything into the Windows Registry" (Win 95 onwards).

Has anyone here actually interacted with systemd, and if so could you
perhaps provide a writeup of your experiences?  I feel like I haven't
seen any practical information on systemd in this thread, and I'd like
to have that before forming an initial opinion (at which point I'd
attempt to interact with it myself in order to form a better informed
opinion).

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us