[CentOS] Cemtos 7 : Systemd alternatives ?

Richard Mann rmann at ilsworld.com
Tue Jul 15 16:43:46 UTC 2014

You can still run apache's configtest

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/System_Administrators_Guide/ch-Web_Servers.html

httpd Service Control
With the migration away from SysV init scripts, server administrators should switch to using the apachectl and systemctl commands to control the service, in place of the service command. The following examples are specific to the httpd service. The command:
service httpd graceful
is replaced by
apachectl graceful
The command:
service httpd configtest
is replaced by
apachectl configtest
The systemd unit file for httpd has different behavior from the init script as follows:
A graceful restart is used by default when the service is reloaded.
A graceful stop is used by default when the service is stopped.

Thanks,
Richard