[CentOS] Opera is slow on CentOS

Gergely Buday

gbuday at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 07:06:23 UTC 2014

Hi there,

I am running various browsers on my CentOS 6.5. Firefox is running
smoothly, especially with blocking flash animations. I recently
installed Opera and I use Seamonkey for long, both suffers from being
very slow. Does CentOS have any role in this? For your information I
send cpuinfo, some people on #centos said that this could be the
problem -- but then why Firefox flies?

- Gergely

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor    : 0
vendor_id    : AuthenticAMD
cpu family    : 15
model        : 95
model name    : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+
stepping    : 2
cpu MHz        : 1808.292
cache size    : 512 KB
fpu        : yes
fpu_exception    : yes
cpuid level    : 1
wp        : yes
flags        : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx mmxext
fxsr_opt rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow up rep_good extd_apicid pni cx16
lahf_lm svm extapic cr8_legacy
bogomips    : 3616.58
TLB size    : 1024 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment    : 64
address sizes    : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management: ts fid vid ttp tm stc