[CentOS] Opera is slow on CentOS

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 07:14:34 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 4:06 AM, Gergely Buday <gbuday at gmail.com> wrote:
> For your information I
> send cpuinfo, some people on #centos said that this could be the
> problem -- but then why Firefox flies?

64-bit x86 was invented by AMD (AMD64) and then adopted by Intel (EM64T).
I've used more AMD CPUs than Intel over the years and I've always had
great perforrmance. So unless you provide more specifics the claim
that the AMD CPU is to blame is BS I'd venture to say.

Second, you say nothing about the amount of RAM you have and how many
apps open at once. Could very well be that your system is out of RAM
and starts paging to disk.

In other words, without more details it'll be all speculation on our
side, we'd be shooting in the dark. Can you please provide more
details on your hardware config, how many apps are open at once,
amount of RAM, etc.? What you mean by "slow"  (page rendering on
screen?).

Thanks in advance.

FC
- George Orwell