[CentOS] Installing CentOS7 boot loader into the /boot partition

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Wed Jul 16 15:55:40 UTC 2014

On 07/16/2014 12:22 AM, Edward Diener wrote:
> I did not see any way, during the CentOS7 install, to install the
> CentOS7 boot loader into the /boot partition rather than to the MBR of a
> drive. How does one do this in the installation of CentOS7 ?

See:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Installation_Guide/sect-disk-partitioning-setup-x86.html
and the section about selecting which disk on which to install the
bootloader.  Specifically, there's a 'button' (looks more like a link in
the screenshot) called "Full disk summary and bootloader" on the
"Installation Destination"**screen, at the bottom.  I haven't tried this
yet (but I will soon), but it would seem that by telling it the device
on which /boot resides the bootloader will be installed there.