[CentOS] CentOS-7 amavisd

Timothy Murphy gayleard at alice.it
Wed Jul 16 16:16:57 UTC 2014

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>> I take it amavis is still the recommended way to run postfix?
>
> There is no requirement from Postfix side to use amavisd-new. Postfix
> can perfectly run without amavisd-new. The question is: what is your
> goal when considering the use of amavisd-new? If you just want to hook
> in ClamAV, then clamav-milter is a more lightweight approach.

Thanks for your response.

I know I don't need to run amavis - but it is (or was)
the recommended way to run postfix + spamassassin + clamd in CentOS-6,
as I recall.

I'm actually running postfix + spamass-milter + spamass-milter-postfix
under CentOS-7, and it seems to be working.
(There doesn't appear to be a clamd rpm in epel yet, but I can wait.)

> Running Postfix on CentOS 7 means it is a much more current version than
> the ancient from CentOS 6,

The CentOS-6.5 version seemed to run fine, as far a I can see.
I don't set great value on modernity, unless the new version runs better
in some way.

> so that you can make use of postscreen[1].
> You should read about it and consider to make use of it.

I looked at the man page, but don't think it is really relevant to me,
on my home servers.
But thanks for pointing it out.

--
Timothy Murphy