[CentOS] Some thoughts on systemd

Keith Keller kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
Fri Jul 18 22:23:22 UTC 2014

On 2014-07-18, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> But it does force people who should be focusing on improving an
> application to instead spend their time reconfiguring the startup
> configuration for a distribution just to keep it working the same way.

This seems (again) to be moving into a debate on "why systemd", when at
least for CentOS 7 the decision has been made--it's systemd or bust (or
a SIG for removing it).  Perhaps we should focus systemd discussions
more on how we as CentOS users can easily adjust?  (I know, I already
violated this principle in the thread, but I will aim not to in the
future.)

IOW, if people really don't like systemd, I don't think this is a
good forum for that discussion.

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us