[CentOS] centos 7 yum dependency issue

Tom Bishop

bishoptf at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 01:25:12 UTC 2014

I had some packages that I needed to install and they have some
issues, I installed via rpm and did some linking and got them working.
However Yum still thinks that they are broken:

** Found 1 pre-existing rpmdb problem(s), 'yum check' output follows:

has missing requires of python(abi) = ('0', '2.6', None)

Yum appears to install whatever I need but spits that out at the
bottom, is there any way I can have it ignore this issue?  I searched
via google but most deal with resolving the issue, and I have but yum
is unaware.

Thanks.