[CentOS] abrt relevance?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at alice.it
Mon Jul 21 10:03:04 UTC 2014

Ted Miller wrote:

> At the moment I guess I'll settle for "chkconfig abrtd off"

I've probably misunderstood completely,
but whenever I use the CentOS-7 KDE LiveCD (on a USB stick)
to install CentOS, I get an abrt warning,
and advice to run "sudo abrt-cli list --since 1405637319"
This produces a report in
  /var/tmp/abrt/oops-2014-07-15-15:00:26-561-0
which seems quite interesting to me,
and probably very informative to a guru.
It seems to be describing some sort of kernel crash,
with backtrace of the final state.

Assuming this is what abrtd is responsible for,
it would appear to me quite useful,
even if noone at RedHat is interested.

But as I said, I have probably misunderstood the whole thing.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net