[CentOS] Centos 7 - AD authentication

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri Jul 25 14:50:48 UTC 2014

Luka Filipic wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> I have a fresh install of Centos 7 server. I would like to use my AD
users to login via ssh into this Centos server. In version 6 I had to
configure /etc/nslcd.conf and pam.

> Do you know any good tutorials or do yo have any advise how to start and
which packets I need.

I'm not fully up to speed yet - we've *just* set up a workstation to play
with with a fresh upstream release - but in nssswitch we're telling it to
use files sss, and in sssd.d/sssd.conf, our domain, that our auth_provider
is krb5 (we are using kerberos), id_provider is ldap, and a few other
lines. We also have krb5 configured to use the AD.

Hope this is a start.

       mark