[CentOS] Convert "bare partition" to RAID1 / mdadm?

Benjamin Smith lists at benjamindsmith.com
Fri Jul 25 20:08:15 UTC 2014

On 07/25/2014 12:12 PM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> Is there soome reason that the existing files cannot
> be accessed while they are being copied to the raid?

Sheer volume. With something in the range of 100,000,000 small files, it
takes a good day or two to rsync. This means that getting a consistent
image without significant downtime is impossible. I can handle a few
minutes, maybe an hour. Much more than that and I have to explore other
options. (In this case, it looks like we'll be biting the bullet and
switching to ZFS)

-Ben