[CentOS] How can I connect CentOS7 via xdmcp?

Kosuke Yagi

kosuke at wake.org
Mon Jul 28 08:33:37 UTC 2014

Dear all,

Does any one success to connect CentOS7 via xdmcp?
I've tried, but not yet succeeded.

1) CentOS7 with Development and Creative workstation
2) Disabled SELinux by editing /etc/selinux/config
3) Disabled firewalld by systemctl disable firewalld
4) Enabled xdmcp by editing /etc/gdm/custom.conf
  Adding "Enable=true" in [xdmcp] section
5) reboot
7) connect from windows7 PC with Xming-6.9.0.31
   "One window" mode with xdmcp connection
-> This is not working.

How I can do next step?

Additional information,
I can open single Xterm window through Xming "Multiple windows" mode,
but I can't open gnome-terminal with same way.

I guessed this means thomething wrong in gnome or gdm working witn
remote X or xdmcp.
But I have no idea to resolve it.

Best regards,
Kosuke Yagi