[CentOS] In Place Upgrade Tool, CentOS 6 to CentOS 7

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Mon Jul 28 20:37:15 UTC 2014

On 07/28/2014 03:18 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> Upgrade Tool Docs:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/CentOSUpgradeTool
>
> Make sure you listen to the tool if it tells you that you have Medium,
> High, or Extreme issues and mitigate them before trying to upgrade.
>
> You can not upgrade if you have a GNOME or KDE desktop, for example.
>
> Let's give this a try and hopefully we can move this out of testing and
> into Extras next week.

And for those of you not on the CentOS-Devel mailing list, the CentOS
team would like to thank profusely the community contributor who made
this tool available,  Manuel Mausz.  Manuel submitted a huge bunch of
patches to make this happen and he help immensely with the initial
testing of the tool as well as helping us get the python-rhsm package
out of the requirements, etc.

We very much appreciate the effort, time and knowledge that Manuel has
given to the project and want to make sure everyone knows it.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes