[CentOS] CentOS 6 and android connectivity (Nook)

Ali Corbin ali.corbin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 22:22:43 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 4:34 AM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at alice.it> wrote:
> Ali Corbin wrote:
>
>> I gave up on mtp after a while and now just adb push the files over.
>> It's not as user friendly, but it's a whole lot quicker.
>
> How exactly do you do this?
>
> --
> Timothy Murphy

I installed the android-tools rpm on my linux box.
On my phone/tablet I enabled the developer options (on a nexus you do
this by tapping 7 times on Settings -> About Phone -> Build number.
Don't know about other hardware.).  This makes a Developer Options
menu item appear in Settings.  Under that I set USB debugging.
I then connected the phone to the computer over a USB cable and, on
the computer, typed 'adp devices'.  This spawns a pop-up on the phone
asking if this computer should be allowed access.
Yeah, that's a bit of a lot of setup, but it only has to be done once.
After that you just plug in the phone and type, on the computer,
things like:
  adb push file/or/directory /sdcard/file/or/directory