[CentOS] How to enable EDAC kernel module for checking ECC memory?

Wed Jul 2 01:41:56 UTC 2014
Lists <lists at benjamindsmith.com>

On 07/01/2014 03:42 PM, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Try the i7core_edac module. If that does not fit there is no EDAC
> support for your Ivy Bridge generation CPU with the build-in memory
> controller.

Thank you very much. Now the module is loaded but I still don't see any
devices.

[root at hume bin]# modprobe i7core_edac
[root at hume bin]# edac-ctl --status
edac-ctl: drivers are loaded.
[root at hume bin]# ls -s /sys/devices/system/edac/mc
total 0

Also, where would I go to find out what driver I should be using for
other systems? The best introduction I've found so far doesn't seem to
cover setup:
     http://www.admin-magazine.com/Articles/Monitoring-Memory-Errors

And the best documentation I've found so far doesn't mention the driver
I just installed on its "supported hardware" chart.
     http://buttersideup.com/edacwiki/Main_Page

Am I being optimistic to think that I should be generally able to
identify and/or log ECC error correction events with EL6?

Thanks,

Ben