[CentOS] How to enable sound for other users but the one who owns the current session

Fri Jul 4 21:55:51 UTC 2014
Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>

On Fri, 4 Jul 2014, wwp wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Jul 2014 11:25:33 -0500 (CDT) Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 3 Jul 2014, wwp wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to get sound from applications running from other users bug
>>> the one who owns the current GNOME sessions.
>>>
>>> Typically, my default user is "A" and he's running the GNOME session,
>>> logged in graphically. From this session, I open terminals, su to other
>>> users (B or C, non-root) and run mplayer or firefox. No sound for these.
>>
>> If A enables sound, does it work for other users?
>
> What do you mean exactly saying "A enables sound"?

>From the question, I infer that for A, sound just works:
A need not do anything special to enable sound.

"SCSI is NOT magic. There are *fundamental technical
reasons* why it is necessary to sacrifice a young
goat to your SCSI chain now and then."   --   John Woods