[CentOS] printing from firefox

Fri Jul 4 22:26:40 UTC 2014
Devin Reade <gdr at gno.org>

--On Friday, July 04, 2014 05:11:43 PM -0500 Michael Hennebry
<hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:

> I need images.  They are done in a way that I cannot copy easily.

If getting a png of your page or a portion of your page is sufficient,
using the ScreenGrab Firefox plugin might be an option. I use that
tool to grab screen shots when documenting web applications.  It means
an extra step of first saving the image via ScreenGrab and then printing
it via eog (or whatever), but it's an option.

ScreenGrab allows you to either grab the visible area in the browser,
the entire page, or a selected region.

As an afterthought, you might also want to check to see what your page
settings are.  In particular, make sure you're not trying to print A4
if you need Letter or vice versa.  They're sufficiently close to make
the difference not obvious on screen, but quite obvious when printing.

Devin