[CentOS] corruption of in-memory data detected (xfs)

Mon Jul 7 17:14:08 UTC 2014
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 07/06/2014 11:09 PM, Alexandru Cardaniuc wrote:
> John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> writes:
>
>> On 7/1/2014 9:40 PM, James A. Peltier wrote:
>>> inode64 is a mount time option and it is a one way option as well.
>>> Once you mounted a filesystem with inode64 you can't go back. It has
>>> to do with inode allocation. If you have older operating systems
>>> mounting a filesystem with inode64 will lead to "odd behaviour"
>>> because it allows the inodes to be allocated anywhere in the
>>> filesystem instead of "stuck" within the first 1TB. inode64 leads to
>>> better filesystem performance for large filesystems. Nothing need be
>>> done during the mkfs portion.
>> if you don't use inode64, once the first 1TB is completely filled, it
>> will have no more room for inodes.
>> I just noticed, the OP is running a large XFS system on EL 5 ? I
>> didn't think XFS was officially supported on 5, and was considered
>> experimental. I would strongly urge installing centos 6.latest ASAP
>> and using that instead
> Yes, I run XFS on ~1T (900G) partition, so I don't think I need to
> consider inode64 for that. What is the official situation with XFS and
> CentOS 5? It was in technology preview in CentOS 5.4 I think? How about
> now?

XFS official support was added to RHEL in 5.7, so therefore it is in our
source code.

http://red.ht/TO1Qoo

Although, all that means is you get to ask on this list for help in
CentOS.  Any support on CentOS is what the community can provide you or
that you can provide yourself.